Monday, November 18, 2013

Homeboy Recap: Arkansas and Tennessee

I'm still in shock over the outcome (i.e. final play) Saturday night. I thought we had the game, then thought we lost it, then we had it back again. It was a roller coaster, as is the usual Auburn style. Two big post-game should outs. First, to my homeboy Ricardo Louis. Some people thought that I was crazy for picking him. Now I like him even more. Second, to my dad who predicted after game 5 that we'd be 10-1 going into the Iron Bowl. The man knows his stuff. Here are his picks for Arkansas and Tennessee. Laurie and Ray are the big winners!
 
"Well Tiger fans as we get ready to neuter the bulldogs down on the plains this Saturday afternoon, it occurred to me that I haven’t sent out the MVHB selections for Malzahn’s march through Arkansas and Tennessee the last two weeks. (Actually Natalie reminded me)
Well, for the pig roast in Fayetteville the obvious choice for the MVHB has to be Tre Mason for his 168 yards rushing on 32 carries. Wow! Tre ran over, around and through the defense in one of the most impressive rushing displays by an Auburn running back in a long time.
As for the Tennessee game, it got so bad in the second half that Smoky the coon dog even left the game. We definitely dominated the game. Nick Marshall had an outstanding game, rushing for 214 yards on 14 carries, but he lost the MVHB award when he threw that pick 6 on the screen pass to Mason. So the MVHB award goes to Cory Grant who rushed for 48 yards on 4 carries and had the 90 yard kick-off return for the touchdown to open the second half.
All right Tiger fans, have a good day today and better day tomorrow and I’ll see you on Mell Street Saturday morning!
WDE!!!
Mike"

No comments:

Post a Comment