Friday, November 8, 2013

Celebrating Baby Nat: Part Two

Day Two of Nat's celebration began with brunch at Tavern. Luckily, Mom was able to drive up and join us for the meal. The food was so good. We started off with red velvet waffles and white trash hash that was incredible. The bloody mary's were top notch as well. I'd suggest the cucumber version.

After brunch, Laurie and I went back to the hotel for a small rest while the rest of the group checked out the Nashville Food Truck Competition. Eventually it started to rain so they ended up coming back as well. That afternoon, Laurie was nice enough to help me get things set up for the lingerie shower. We had champagne with St. Germain, sangria, cheese ball, coconut cake and a few other snacks. I ordered Nat's invitation from Designs by Nicolina and the paper goods (straws, confetti and banner) from Ruffled Paper. Both turned out great.



I was thrilled to get to pass down the veil that I wore at my lingerie shower/bachelorette party. Natalie got some really pretty things! Enough about that...





After the shower, we all hung out in the room watching the Auburn/Arkansas game. There were some frustrating moments in the game but we managed to pull it out.



So lively.






That night, we went to Sambuca for dinner and had our first celebrity sighting. Gary Allan sat at the table next to us at dinner. Of course I texted mom and dad and neither knew who he was. If you ever eat at Sambuca, I'd highly recommend the Brussels sprouts. Seriously the best I've ever had.

After dinner, we had a quick stop at the hotel for a shoe change and walked down to Broadway. We decided to brave the crowd at the Stage and I'm so glad that we did! The band was amazing. They played a great mix of country/pop/rap that kept you singing and dancing the entire time. We had a couple of run-ins with some individuals who had been "over served" but thankfully, none of those individuals belonged to our group. At the late, late (to me) hour of 1 a.m., we called it a night.

The next morning, we cleaned up our disaster of a hotel room and everyone hit the road to go their separate ways. Before I could get out of town, I had one very crucial stop to make: a trip to my beloved Trader Joe's. If you've never been there, you're really missing out. I'm always surprised at the number of people in south Alabama who have never heard of, much less been to, Trader Joe's.



All in all, we had a fantastic weekend. Nashville is such an interesting city and I'd love to make a return trip. Now we're just counting down 'til the wedding. 15 more days!

Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment