Thursday, November 7, 2013

Celebrating Baby Nat!

Last Friday, I hit the road for Baby Nat's Nashville celebration. I've been preparing for the party for quite some time now and I was so excited for it to finally arrive.

I hit the road around 8:30 heading north. First stop, the Yellowhammer. Sarah and I used to stop here when we'd take trips to Auburn and I love that they have fountain Diet Mt. Dew. I managed to cut it pretty close gas-wise but I somehow made it!

Three miles 'til empty.


Next stop, Cullman to pick up the cake from Dad. We had a lovely gas station rendezvous. Third and final stop, Mom and Dad's house in Decatur to pick up all the goodies that Mom was providing for the party.

Somewhere around Huntsville I began to realize that I've forgotten what "fall" looks like. Down in south Alabama, the trees pretty much stay the same color all year. All the trees up north were so beautiful!



Clearly taken from inside my vehicle





I rolled into Nashville a little before 4 and got checked in to the rooms at the Doubletree. I quickly realized one problem, there were no refrigerators in the rooms. I had a melting cake, snacks, drinks and nowhere to store these items. Luckily, there was an ice machine on the floor and I'd come prepared with one cooler and one cooler bag. The food and drink were (mostly) saved.

Around 5:30, Natalie arrived. A little closer to 6, Laura and Suzanne joined the party. The four of us set off for dinner at Pub 5. Even though we had a little mix-up and I at half of Suzanne's sandwich, it was fantastic. The food was great, atmosphere was fun and our server was a fan of Laura, and vice-versa.

Sisters!

Dinner view.


After dinner, Laurie and Ashley arrived so we met them back at the hotel for a quick drink. Then, the group ventured out to Honky Tonk Central. This place was packed. Luckily, we were able to secure a table. A "friend" bought us a round of shots and then threw up in the hallway. I'd say that's typical for a bachelorette party. Everyone managed to make it back to the room safely at the end of the night, which is a success in my book.



Fireball

Best friends.

View from the balcony.


Second post on day 2 to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment